Two months. It absolutely blows my mind that this week my sweet daughter is two months old. Actually, it still blows my mind that I’m now using the word daughter as a possessive—like, in everyday situations I get to unabashedly blurt out my-daughter-this-and-my-daughter-thats like it’s nothin’. But, of course, it is something. A most beautiful something.
Priska’s first two months have been amazing. Every moment—from the labor (which didn’t pan out the way I’d hoped—maybe I’ll get to that some other time with a birth story?) to our stay in the hospital; waking up to her beautiful blue-eyed stare and falling asleep clutching her tiny hand; fussy stages in the first weeks to big smiles and sweet conversations in these last weeks. Each and every day I thank God for this little blessing who, of course, I deem quite perfect in every way.
Since I’ve still not quite figured out a daily routine that allows for blogging, among other things, I’ll resort to a few quick notes on P’s first two months.
- loves to converse. Start a conversation with her and the smiles and squeals that pour from her sweet mouth will, in turn, bring a huge smile to your face.
- wakes twice a night to eat; however, if I chose to rise for the day at 6:30 I’d consider her a once-a-night waker. She’s a snuggler and I’ll take all the sleep I can get so we generally stay in bed a bit longer.
- loves to eat. She’s on a strict Mama’s Milk diet and is thriving. I have to admit that seeing her blossom, knowing that she’s getting what she needs from me, is…the best. I’ve never felt more accomplished as when I look back at our nursing sessions and then contemplate how much she’s grown and developed in the last two months. Pure amazingness.
- unofficially weighs in at about 15 lbs this week. For obvious reasons.
- loves to be worn. We’ve ventured out in the stroller a few times but always end up switching to a carrier. We were lucky enough to be loaned a Baby Bjorn, handed down an Ergo Baby and purchased a Moby wrap and already we’ve gotten plenty of use from all of them. But at the rate Priska is growing I think she’ll have to get used to the stroller at some point.
- loves bath time. Get the water warm enough and sit in the tub with her and she’s happy as a clam. Of course she hasn’t quite figured out the splish-splashing yet but she does enjoy kicking and general lounging amongst the bubbles.
- does not like be alone. This leads to a very light sleeper when she’s by herself. When sleeping on a lap or curled up next to one of us in bed she’s out like a light, but putting her down on her own = sad baby.
- changes every day. I knew this would happen…and I know you other mothers are sitting there with a big ‘DUH,’ over your head right now but wow, to be experiencing it first-hand. Seriously, each morning we wake up and discuss how Priska has quite literally grown over night or has found a new smile or has a new little tuft of hair.
- has taken a bottle twice now. I never wanted to push the bottle on her but was hoping that she’d take one every now and then when I have evening work to do or if Erik and I go out for dinner while she stays with a sitter. I’d heard it might be difficult since we waited so long to try but she took it like a champ.
And now for some Priska eye-candy. Happy two months, sweet girl!